Get Married at Le Moyne
Congratulations on this important milestone in your life, and thank you for considering Le Moyne as a place to celebrate this occasion. We want to do all that we can to help you prepare for this special day; here are some items to think about:
Event Planning Details
• The Diocese of Syracuse requires at least 6 months notice before a wedding date can be set;
• A $700.00 fee is required for use of the Chapel;
• A payment of $350.00 is required to reserve the chapel for a particular date and time;
• The remaining balance is due 30 days before the wedding;
• In the event of a cancellation, a refund will be made in full up to 2 months before the wedding date;
• All documents required for a Roman Catholic wedding must be submitted to the Office of Campus Ministry at least 2 months before the scheduled wedding date;
• 30 minutes are held for rehearsal, usually held the night before the ceremony;
• The stipend for the musician is $200.00. This fee includes playing (organ/piano) for the service, one consultation visit, and one rehearsal with a Campus Ministry contracted cantor. During your consultation visit you will be guided through the wedding ceremony, assisted in selecting music, and aided in program preparation. If you wish to use someone else as your wedding musician, it is expected that Tom Andino or the other Campus Ministry contracted musician will still receive their stipend.
• Several official documents are required at this time of preparation:
o Baptismal certificate obtained from the church of baptism dated within 6 months of the wedding date;
o A certificate from the Marriage Preparation Program;
o A wedding license.
Marriage Preparation Program:
• Le Moyne provides you with a Marriage Handbook, which will help you choose scripture, readings, prayers and blessings for your celebration;
• A required part of the marriage preparation is participation in the Pre-Marriage Program. This preparation will include interviews with the Priest or deacon, Pre-Marital inventory, and participation in the Formal Marriage Preparation Program.
Additional Things to Think About:
• The use of any type of alcoholic beverages near the chapel is not permitted;
• A relative or close friend who is a priest or deacon may be invited to witness your marriage;
• Since the chapel is carpeted, a runner is not really necessary. If you desire a runner please check with your florist. The aisle at Le Moyne is 30’ long;
• The Chapel furnishings (chairs, altar, ambo, etc.) may not be moved;
• We ask that you inform your wedding party and guests that no rice, confetti, bird seed, or anything else is thrown inside or outside the Chapel;
• We ask that you inform everyone that only the professional still and/or video photographers are allowed to take pictures or film during the ceremony. They should check with the priest before the ceremony;
• Nothing may be taped or tacked to the chairs. Pipe cleaners or similar devices may be used to attach ribbons or other decorations;
• If anyone wishes to receive the sacrament of Penance they should do so sometime before the wedding and not at the rehearsal. You may call the priest for an appointment.